Rapid prototyping in Fireworks

Well its an expensive toy but pretty cool I must say.
I've never used Fireworks before but have used Photoshop some. I was trying to understand a wireframe flow for a new microsite and decided the best way to validate would be to create an image with screen flow on it to review with the designers. Then I thought why not a working prototype? I have a trial Adobe Fireworks so I decided to try it.
Well as my kids program "yo-gabba-gabba" likes to say: I tried it and I like it.

Approach:
- I took screenshots of each of the Wireframes, pasted each on as a separate page into Fireworks
- add hotspot links from buttons to pages.
- save, File->export
- go to file system and open the first page into browser, click on links, it works! Pretty dang cool!

Here's the tutorial I followed


More usefil info
- to add a new page, click Edit->Insert->Page
- to add a hotspot link, click the toolbar hotspot link, then draw a box around the button, then on the bottom part of the screen you should see a Properties tab. In the field Link, choose the page to link to. That's all.
    all pages you've created should be in the Link drop down.
- File->Export, as the tutorial said chosoe "All Pages", I also choose Generic HTML from "Options..."
- when Exporting I noticed sometimes it did not export properly so I just deleted the previous target files and images. Then it exported ok.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

deep dive into Material UI TextField built by mui

angular js protractor e2e cheatsheet

react-router v6.4+ loaders, actions, forms and more