uml drawing tools

I love this awesome tool web sequence diagrams for creating sequence diagrams
was introduced to me by a colleague about 6 months ago and loved it within an hour
so easy to create and edit diagrams, just type in text and see the diagram appear, like magic!
fast enough to use in design collaborations with colleagues
if you need examples, then click examples on left and it will add that text

yuml.me looks very useful too, especially for diagrams other than sequence diagrams
their use case drawing tool seems feature rich likewise for class view (inheritence, cardinality etc.)


I've used gliffy.com quite a bit but I prefer web sequence diagrams because faster, besides gliffy are beginning to charge now


plantuml looks rich and comes recommended by an eclipse user. I have not tried myself and it does require an install.


Thankfully theres other good free ones out there.
I used TogetherJ many moons ago and it looks like thats now provided by Borland (they still around?) and I also used RationalRose before that (but then IBM bought it/them :-( )


UML seems to have a little bad rep in recent years although I think thats fading some. Certainly I've seen cases of people going waaay overboard and the creation of diagrams became a big task. Crazy when often times people did not know if they were working on the right thing or not. Thankfully Agile knocked sense into us all.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

deep dive into Material UI TextField built by mui

angular js protractor e2e cheatsheet

react-router v6.4+ loaders, actions, forms and more