Thumbs up for Angular 2.0

wow!

Big changes: ng-controllers - gone, $scope - gone, directives - gone, modules- gone, new language AtScript added...

wow!

Still learning about Angular 2.0. But honestly as I think about it, I like what I see so far in Angular 2.0:
  • I like the new Directive syntax, write as a class and annotate; well ok by me, I mean, lets face it Directives in 1.x are ugly
  • changing to use ES6 modules very logical and makes sense (Embers doing same)
  • eliminating $scope is a good idea, I always felt its like a global space and way too easy to abuse, $scope use is already being minimized in latest best practices...so its on the way out already
  • controllers are written as classes and annotated; not clear to me how to completely eliminate ng-controller, but I don't see controllers going away but rather how controllers are activated on a page is changing
  • changes to html syntax look a little weird but I'm sure we'll learn that quickly

AtScript adds some useful looking behavior and we'll have to see if we want to adopt. Probably makes sense if developing in angular (not the least because you can better comprehend the library and 3rd party libraries as well as ease of development). Although, I last experienced annotations in Java with EJBs and I don't have fond memories of that but looking forward to better from AtScript.


I place trust in the Angular team. In Angular 2.0 they're looking to the future and also trying to address some deficiencies the framework (directives..ahem). 
Thats something I can buy into.


While we're at it, ES6 is a major change and looks great. Already seeing lots of examples on web articles.
Compiling into ES5 sounds really useful. Angular team uses Google Traceur.
More and more people will be developing in ES6 in 2015. Its only a matter of when you'll pull the trigger and start using ES6.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

deep dive into Material UI TextField built by mui

angular js protractor e2e cheatsheet

react-router v6.4+ loaders, actions, forms and more