Ad Tech Gartner Hype Cycle from Ad Exchanger

This is a technology blog about technology I use.
But now and again I read a business article which I think is so right I will reference it.
This is such an article recently published on Ad Exchanger. Well worth a read.

"I believe that in 2015, ad tech hit the second stage, the Peak of Inflated Expectations, and is now just beginning its inevitable journey through the Trough of Disillusionment. Does this mean that ad tech was overhyped? I would argue that, in some respects, the answer is yes."

and...

"Lastly, put a halt on the growth story. Every business seems to want to tell a growth story. And yes, of course, it’s good to know that your ad tech company is growing. But bear in mind that the vast majority of ad tech providers are private firms, so no one with any experience believes the growth rates you’re claiming."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

deep dive into Material UI TextField built by mui

angular js protractor e2e cheatsheet

react-router v6.4+ loaders, actions, forms and more